Lexington Global Warming Action Coalition is proud to join the Coal Free Massachusetts coalition, a diverse group of statewide and local organizations committed to ending coal fired electricity generation in Massachusetts. The Coal Free Massachusetts Coalition seeks to:
- Phase out all of Massachusetts’ coal-fired power plants by 2020;
- Advance energy efficiency and clean renewable energy like responsibly sited wind and solar to support the transition from coal electricity generation in Massachusetts;
- Partner with and empower community leadership and vision for clean energy and clean-tech development for our host communities, including:
- robust transition plans focused on the long-term health of the community;
- innovative opportunities for growing the green economy;
- transitional support for workers and municipal revenues.